Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: model 19 on Epay Illinois

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    They relisted:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180216023184

    Just noticed the damage to one of the 811 horns.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, I noticed that damaged horn too. At least for whomever gets these 811b horns are plentiful. Looks like the cork on one of the woofers is coming apart too. These 19's had a rough life I suppose!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What is it I'm missing that you guys are seeing with the damaged horn?

    If your pointing to the top left corner, that is the original foam! I doubt the horn is broke but that foam drapes and usually after only 10-15 years.

    I am truely amazed it is in that good shape after 30+ years.

    Even if the horn is broke, $50 item!

    Gary

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes Gary, I just looked again. You are correct!

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member Tom Brennan's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The cork often peels away from the woofer frame with age, it's no indication of abuse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.